Welcome back to the comparative read of Thomas Olde Heuvelt’s HEX! This time I’m tackling chapter 2.
When last we visited the towns of Black Spring and Beek (stream, if you’d like a translation), we had encountered Stefan, his family and their USian counterparts! We’d also encountered a creepy, kind of stalkerish old lady with eyes and mouth sewn shut.
She basically stared at everyone and banged into a door and I am not quite sure why everyone is frightened of her. (No, okay. Intellectually I am well aware that she’s creepy. I’m just not feeling the creepy vibe just yet. Maybe in this chapter?)
Another important question for this read: Will Lynn be equally grumpy about the creepfactor? (Mild spoiler: she probably will be.)
List of Prominent Characters
So, the NL and EN tags are the ones actually used in the story. If it’s listed for both then it’s a shorthand I’m using to note which of the characters is which. Where no name for ‘both’ is included I haven’t used a name for both. (Expect this list to get updated per chapter!)
( Read the rest of this entry » )
- Stefan (NL), Steve (EN), Ste (both)
- Katherina (NL), Katherine (EN), Kat (both)
- Jolanda (NL), Jocelyn (EN), Jo (both)
- Timo (NL), Tyler (EN), Tiy (both)
- Oma (NL), Gramma (EN), Granny (both)
- Max (NL), Matt (EN), Maxmatt (both)
- Robert Grim (NL, EN)
- Claire Hamer (NL), Claire Hammer (EN)
- Jens van der Heijden (NL), Warren Castillo (EN), Jenren (both)
- Jasmine Aerendonck (NL), Bammy Delarosa (EN), Jasmy (both)
- The Aerandoncks/The Delarosas, Aerenrosa (both)
- Martijn Winkel (NL), Marty Keller (EN),Winler (both)
- Loes Krijgsman (NL), Lucy Everett (EN), Loucy (both)
Mirrored from Little Lion Lynnet's.